If you have a lot of open tabs (like me), then you will never return to ordinary tabs (at the top) after using Tabs Tree for a while. I know that because the same happened to me and to a lot of other people who tried using tabs in the form of a tree structure.
We all used another extension for that purpose (Tree Style Tab) until now. I won't say anything bad about another extension, it is against rules. But I wouldn't have done this extension if I had been fully satisfied with Tree Style Tab.... More Info »
Everybody agrees that the idea of treelike tabs is great, but there is a lack of implementation.
If you also like (or will like) that idea then rejoice! Lightning fast, free of bugs (probably), user friendly and screen space saving alternative emerged!
- "more for the Web, less for the huge useless borders" style User Interface
- tabs quick search (highlights matching tabs when you start typing) - uses tab title and URL
- user friendly tabs drag and drop rearranging
- focusing last selected tab after closing a current tab
- highlighting unloaded tabs
- you can drag and drop links on the tabs tree and on pinned tabs
- while viewing pinned tabs, a previously selected ordinary tab is highlighted
- to close a tab use middle-click, Ctrl+W or double click (double click is disabled by default in extension options)
I am going to add a lot of other features and options in the future (including subtree folding probably), but I decided not wait until that and publish this extension now because it already has more then enough features to enjoy using it.
This extension doesn't support "Tab Groups (also known as Panorama)". If you don't know what it is then don't bother about it. If you are going to use "Tab Groups" then, sorry, don't install this extension until support for "Tab Groups" will be added (I don't think it will be soon). Or just give up "Tab Groups" (I think it's a better choice).
Compatible with FireGestures.