Skype Comments

marycosme4-image

Comment by marycosme4

i think skype was left behind, hangout and facetime are now much better and work faster.

sophiaschuler600-image

not the best

Comment by sophiaschuler600

there are better apps for videochat and contacting someone from other country... i think skype needs to improve several things... Hangout or facetime works much better that skype.

Ugotsta-image
sebastiandowny-image

don't like it

Comment by sebastiandowny

i don't really like it anymore, i think it is too slow.

Ugotsta-image
D

skype x...

Comment by dudu_brz

I don't know if my question is for this moment.
I can send email hotmail to yahoo, gmail, etc And I get email from them and others.
Why I can't talk with friends don't use the messenger I use?
If I'm using Telegram I cant' exchange messages wiht someone using Viber.
Why not?

Ugotsta-image
cesarmoreno11234-image

not for me

Negative Comment by cesarmoreno11234

i prefer using hangout, it works better for me, skype takes way to long to load and it barely works.

B
Kudrart_use-image

Skype

Positive Comment by Kudrart_use

It is a good helper in the work . When there is no time to go away from the workplace, you can use Skype and solve all the problems and calls directly during operation.

Melissaplaygard-image
Plarium90-image

I like it!

Positive Comment by Plarium90

One of the best instant messengers in the world. No complete analogy .

prettykittybi-image

Unique program

Positive Comment by prettykittybi

Now there are a lot of Skypes' analogs, but to call to any country and not be tied to a phone number only Skype can.

bovarylams-image
J

Maybe time to forget Skype, and use another application

Negative Comment by Jan_de_Haas

Since Skype is acquired by Microsoft, it has a lot of crap and unstable. Except of that, it's not reliable and not trustfully for daily use.
Microsoft has made Skype far below standard

In my opinion is Microsoft stealing technologies of others, and use that to generate only more money, and not take into account, that the program is very well functional. It was better that "Skype SRL" never was sold to Microsoft. Microsoft have also some nice features removed, that was total useless.

markcarandini-image

big no

Comment by markcarandini

i don't think this is reliable anymore, i don't like it, is too slow and no longer easy to use.

K

Since Microsoft, as expected, this app is not longer reliable

Negative Comment by KeyJey

Since Skype was purchased by Microsoft, happened what all we could expect. Stopped being a reliable application. The mobile versions of skype simply crash and don't work.

Forget getting incoming ring calls on your mobile device, of successfully make outgoing calls from mobile .... it's a real traumatic process to make this crop to work.

I recommend (for video and audio) hangouts, witch works fine.

Problem as always is privacy ..... but well, Google already knows it all about us. Emails, calls, where we go, our agenda ...

Cheers !

K

Latest update not great

Comment by kelleygibson

I used Skype everyday, mostly the chatting portion, but a lot of calls also. It works perfectly fine, but ever since the latest update (as of January 2016 time of writing), it has become quite sluggish, and the chat message are all out of order! Quite frustrating, especially since it was working fine for so many years.