QtiPlot is a professional scientific data analysis and visualisation solution. It is meant to be a cheap alternative to proprietary and costly software such as Origin, SigmaPlot, Regressi or Igor Pro.
Precompiled binaries are available for a very low price, making this software easily accessible for students ; the source code is freely downloadable, but compilation might be a little tricky. Precompiled packages are also available in some Linux distributions for free. More Info »
QtiPlot is used for teaching as well as for complex data analysis and visualisation in companies, high schools, universities and reseach institutes all over the world.
* Cross-platform: works natively on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux/Unix systems
* Fully Python scriptable
* OpenGL based 3D plotting
* Publication quality plots and easy export to various image formats (EMF, EPS, PS, PDF, SVG, BMP, JPG, PNG, TIFF, etc ...)
* Easy integration with LaTeX typesetting system
* Powerful and versatile spreadsheets with column-logic calculations and easy import/export of multiple files
* One-click access to extensive built-in data analysis routines
* Linear and nonlinear curve fitting with weighting and estimation of statistical errors of the fit-parameters
* Multi-peak fitting
* Image analysis tools
* Templates support: all settings for plots, tables and matrices can be saved and restored later on for a fast editing process
* Project files based on folders, a powerful project explorer with built-in drag and drop and searching facilities
* Full import of OriginLab® Origin projects, Excel workbooks and Open Document Format spreadsheets