OGMRip is an application and a set of libraries for ripping and encoding DVD into AVI, OGM, MP4, or Matroska files using a wide variety of codecs. It relies on mplayer, mencoder, ogmtools, mkvtoolnix, mp4box, oggenc, lame, and faac to perform its tasks.
The GUI features a clean HIG-compliant GNOME 2 interface and tries to minimize as much as possible esoteric settings. A CLI client, called shRip, is also available.
Features: More Info »
* transcodes from DVD or files
* outputs OGM, AVI, MP4, or Matroska files
* supports a lot of codecs (Vorbis, MP3, PCM, AC3, DTS, AAC, XviD, LAVC, X264, Theora)
* calculates video bitrate for a given file size
* autodetects cropping parameters and scaling factors
* supports multiple audio and subtitles streams encoding
* extracts subtitles in SRT or VobSub format
* uses maximum quality codecs switches
* rips contiguous chapters
* supports external audio (PCM, MP3, AC3, DTS, AAC, Vorbis) and subtitles (MicroDVD, SubRip, SRT, Sami, VPlayer, RT, SSA, PJS, MPSub, AQT, JacoSub, VobSub) files
* provides customisable encoding profiles
* is extensible through plugins More Info »