"Play music by ear"
Learn That Song (PLAY Edition) is a musical assistant that helps you learn to play your favourite songs.
It can control the Music app (including streaming Apple Music songs), loop parts of a song, display a waveform, and rewind or fast forward like a tape player.
You can use it without reading complicated instructions, managing files, or understanding English; you can even operate it without looking at the screen (!). More Info »
Use your ears to learn jazz solos, fiddle tunes, math rock, indigenous music, classical pieces, Lady Gaga, ... Whatever grooves you, this app will help you develop your listening ability.
* * * FEATURES * * *
• Control the Music app
• Control Apple Music songs while streaming
• Loop sections or the entire song
• Save sections for later
• See and scroll waveform of song
• Coarse speed change
• Rewind and fast forward like a tape player
• Repeat songs, albums, or playlists
• Navigate playlists
• View metadata (Title, Artist, Album, etc...) without truncation
• Start playing from the Music app and continue here
• Stream songs via AirPlay
• No file management: works with any song in the Music app
• VoiceOver support
• No complicated instructions
• Universal app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* * * QUOTES * * *
"Use it daily. Favorite music app.”
"allows me to spend the least amount of time touching my iPad and the most time actually picking up notes and wrtiting them down on my sheet. I'm already transcribing my third song and it's really quite fun"
"Very easy to use. I play bass and just learned a song with this app. I was able to do everything with one hand and keep the other on my instrument."
"Beautiful and very comfortable interface. The app is very simple and allows you to do with eye gestures what other applications are making it more complicated."
"Simply the best and easiest app I have ever used!! Super easy to figure out and I use it all the time. A must have for musicians!!!"