Google Drive Comments

rondapuck1206-image

great

Comment by rondapuck1206 about Google Drive 15 days ago

i really like this, i truly needed this because i have everything in hand and organized. i use it for work and is great.

ParisFitts-image

good

Comment by ParisFitts about Google Drive Jan 2016

i really like it, works great, i keep all my work stuff in here

jj123321-image

question...

Comment by jj123321 about Google Drive Sep 2014

I'm having trouble trying to figure out if i should save stuff to my Gdrive or my verizon cloud.
A couple things I've noticed, (bare with me here i'm not really good with comp stuff)

verizon cloud on my PC won't allow me to play,watch or open files. It does allow me to on my android phone though.

Gdrive also did not allow me to open a MS Office document that i really needed at the moment. That's when i gave up on it. I do, however, enjoy the fact that i can access it easier through my PC Chrome/Google web browser. (more convenient)

Basically my question is: Which one is better? (pros and cons)

Thanks

~~JJ

S

Read the Terms > Your content in Our Services

Comment by Software_Critic about Google Drive Apr 2012

This is what Google terms says for Google drive for users with Google personal account.
"When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. "

jj123321-image

omg....that's super scary...thank u

realnabarl-image

Wow it can extract zip and rar files online...

Positive Comment by realnabarl about Google Drive Dec 2012

Wow it can extract zip and rar files online, this feature is cool!

scottviehbeck-image

how do I go about unziping files that are already in Google Drive in order to play these videos

R

Copy is new cloud storage service, offers 15GB for free

Comment by RK_1992 about Google Drive Jun 2013

its great, and it even offers 5GB extra for every referral you make for either party, follow this link to get 5GB extra; copy.com?r=K7Zhlk

Joseph864-image

awesome way of file storage!

Positive Comment by Joseph864 about Google Drive Jun 2013

i like the app on gmail cause it allows me to share files much easier

em4020-image

Local folder cannot be changed in Google Drive

Negative Comment by em4020 about Google Drive and Dropbox, Macrium Reflect, Jul 2012

The folder location of the local folder is C:\Users\MyUser\Google Drive
and cannot be changed to another drive or partition in the Settings of Google Drive Version 1.2.3123.0250.
So, if you make a Drive-Image-Backup with Macrium Reflect of C:\ all personal Data are included and you cannot separate it from the system data.

Local folder cannot be changed

In difference to DropBox you cannot change the language in the Google-Drive-App to make an english screenshot for AlternativeTo.net.

arahman56-image

Basically, just a 5GB ugrade to Docs storage on the Web

Comment by arahman56 about Google Drive May 2012

If you don't have Drive yet, select "notify me" on GDrive page, and the Docs space will automatically be upgraded to 5GB.

J

No WebDAV and 1 GB file size limit

Negative Comment by jens2767 about Google Drive May 2012

Too bad that Google does not offer WebDAV Access

Thelle-image

Fantastic real time editing by multiple users

Positive Comment by Thelle about Google Drive and LibreOffice, Microsoft Office Suite, Jan 2012

Google docs is so good because it can handle real time editing by multiple users. It also stacks good basic editing tools, but lack some more advanced editing features which is easy to do in for example MS Office or Libra Office..

arahman56-image

Has a great online editor, great collaboration features, an ...

Comment by arahman56 about Google Drive Jun 2010

Has a great online editor, great collaboration features, and now lets you upload any file.

Storage is limited to 1GB, but allows paying for more storage.

D

and most people do not realize just how cheap google storage is. At the moment is starts at $5/yr for 20GB, and the value only gets better as you move up. If you are committed to the google apps, storage will never be a problem.