FL Studio (formerly known as FruityLoops) is a digital audio workstation developed by the Belgian company Image-Line. FL Studio features a graphical user interface based on a pattern-based music sequencer. The program is available in three different editions for Microsoft Windows, including Fruity Edition, Producer Edition, and the Signature Bundle. Image-Line offers lifetime free updates to the program, which means customers receive all future updates of the software for free.Image-Line also develops FL Studio Mobile for iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Fully reworked scalable interface
- Any screen size or resolution you use, FL Studio will always fit
– Multi-touch capability extends to the Mixer
– New category tabs and the ability to delete content on right-click
- The Channel Options Menu have moved from the Toolbar Menus to the Channel rack.
- Have been integrated into the Plugin Wrapper (no more Channel settings pop-up).
- The Pattern Menu has moved from the Channel rack to the Toolbar Menu and Pattern Selector.
- Piano roll Auto-zoom can now be deselected from Settings > General > Auto zoom in piano roll
- Multiple drag and drop for audio files onto Playlist (from a Windows file browser).
- Step sequences are now interchangeable with Piano rolls.
- VST plugin installation & discovery improved and simplified.
Fruity Formula Controller
- Updated, new UI.
Fruity Envelope Controller
- Updated, 8 Articulators, Mod X/Y env, Smart Knobs, New UI.
Fruity Keyboard Controller
- Attack smoothing, new UI.
FL Studio is also a platform with 3 apps listed on AlternativeTo. Browse all 3 apps for FL Studio.
beats digital-audio-workstation midi-synthesizer mp3-maker music-production step-editing vst-plugin
Make this page better by adding screenshots to FL Studio.
This program is my main program and i love it. I don't mind paid 1,000 dollars for the all plugins bundle. To me, it was worth every penny.See why people like FL Studio 😍
First used it in 2014 and felt in love with FL since) UI is clear and simple. A lot of helpful tricks.
Renoise 3 is a hell of a full featured alternative to FL Studio in linux. However FL Studio does work in linux almost without problems if you have wine setup right. Use Jack and the Wine Jack dll plugin/driver, and the Jack ASIO driver for Wine, and you get ASIO support on just about any device jack supports, which is almost all, these days (thanks to realtek, creative, and nvidia).
IT SEEMS INCORRECT THAT RENOISE IS NOT ON OR AT THE TOP OF THE LIST OF ALTERNATIVES! (LMMS features in comparison are not as many sheesh)
 (entire page) renoise features and OS support documents
 FL Studio Performance Report on Wine HQ earning at
least silver ratings for 80% of the releases that were tested
 Wine ASIO Driver Reports working on 64-bit, LTS Ubuntu, and, additionally as new as 15.04
 Jack and it's device-transparent way of working on just about anything
Resources used on these pages are cited also on their subsequent pages.
This program is my main program and i love it. I don't mind paid 1,000 dollars for the all plugins bundle. To me, it was worth every penny.
FL Studio is very awesome. It allows you to really show your creativity. Even though I havnt used it in awhile. I believe its still the bomb.com
Fl Studio Is Real Nice!
Its A Bit Pricey Though. For The Full Version it costs about over 200 dollars.
and dont tell me im wrong. there are cheaper versions which are stripped away with alot of features such as express version and fruity version. with the price. it might be better to find a more user friendly and more wallet friendly music maker like mixcraft
It is a really nice program, it can do a lot. I have a friend of mine who makes Rap music, and when they make beats they use this program. They can make a lot of beats quickly in a day or so.