Find My Car Smarter uses a new technology called Bluetooth Smart.
When you start your car, the Find My Car Smarter App wirelessly connects to the Find My Car Smarter Device. After you have parked your car your engine and the Find My Car Smarter Device, powered by your cigarette lighter, turn off. The App realizes that your car is parked and then activates the GPS on your iPhone momentarily to save your car's location. If you lose your car, simply launch the app and it will help you navigate your way back by showing you your current location and the location of where you last parked your car. ... More Info »
Using Find My Car Smarter
The app will indicate where you have parked your car, how far away you are from your car, and how long you have parked at that location.
With Dropbox syncing a communal car's location can be shared between a group.
You can also setup automatic parking meter and sweeping notifications.
How do I set up Find My Car Smarter?
ONE TIME SETUP:
1. Download the "Find My Car Smarter" App. Don't forget to allow the app to "use your current location".
2. Plug your Find My Car Bluetooth Smarter Device or compatible Bluetooth Smart Device into your car and then pair it to your iPhone. You only need to do this step one time and it takes about 1 minute.
How do I use Find My Car Smarter?
1. Rest easy knowing that you have the Find My Car Smarter App on your phone.
2. Forget where you parked your car.
3. Click on the "Find My Car" App on your iPhone and allow the map to guide you back to your car.
4. Find your car.