File Buddy is best thought of as a collection of tools for managing the vast number of files and folders found on your hard drive. A complete list of what File Buddy can do is too extensive to list in its entirety, but the following lists many of the things you can do with it quickly and easily.
• View and edit a wide range of file and folder information in the info window. Create droplets to automate common changes.
• See how many files and folders are in a folder or on entire volumes.
• Use file Viewers to view the contents of large numbers of files quickly and easily.
• Easily modify the file and folder attributes of one item or a thousand. More Info »
• Find duplicate files and duplicate folders.
• Free up hundreds of megabytes of disk space by eliminating language resources for languages you don’t use.
• Find empty files and folders, orphaned files, duplicate files, broken aliases, and unused preference files.
• Erase files, entire folders, and unused disk space to avoid unauthorized recovery of deleted files.
• Delete data and resource forks from files. Delete custom icons and custom folder icon files.
• Clean folders of .DS_Store files and other items by name.
• Rebuild Mac OS X’s Launch Services database.
General File Management
• Rename files based on patterns, sequences and dates. Create droplets to automate any renaming process.
• Find files and folders using an extensive set of search criteria including owner, group, and names matching regular expressions. Conveniently perform a wide variety of actions on the results of searches.
• Use File Buddy’s administrator mode to work with files and folders to which you would not normally have access.
• Create custom icons using pictures in the Clipboard, the contents of graphics files and PDF files, .icns files, and existing Finder icons. View complete icon families with the icon family viewer. Export icons to .icns files.
• Create aliases and symbolic links. Find and repair broken aliases. …