cfv is a utility to both test and create .sfv, .csv, .crc, .md5(sfv-like), md5sum, bsd md5, sha1sum, and .torrent files. These files are commonly used to ensure the correct retrieval or storage of data.
cfv is written in python, and as such should run on all platforms python supports. Currently, it has been verified to work on linux, freebsd, openbsd, netbsd, solaris, macosx, and windows.
- supports testing and creating of .sfv, .csv(2, 3, and 4 field variants), .crc, sfvmd5(sfv file using md5 instead of crc32), md5sum, bsd md5, sha1sum, and BitTorrent file formats
- test-only support for PAR and PAR2 files
- automatic checksum file naming ability in create mode
- recursive operation
- show unverified files option
- ignore case and fix path seperator options for cross platform use
- transparent gzip support for checksum files
- configurable renaming of bad files (with testing against previous bad files, to save only unique differing copies)
- searching for/fixing of misnamed files
- raw listing of files of specified type (bad, missing, etc)
- test suite to ensure correct operation ... More Info »