Android River is a fast river of news style RSS reader with awesome support for Podcasting. It also has special feeds creator to services such as Google News (over 50 languages) and Kayak.com flight deals (over 3000 airports) so you can monitors more specialized news.
River of news is the best way to follow various news sources because it does not force you to keep up with reading news. It has no unread count. If you miss a news item, it is fine. Life goes on. If it is important, you will find it somehow. This is not your Inbox. More Info »
Android Rivers also integrates well with reading apps such as Pocket and Readability.
Android Rivers comes with:
- Support for reading RSS, ATOM and RiverJS format.
- Support for downloading and playing podcasts.
- Easy way to discover new sources (multi lingual).
- Growing support for specialized display such as Arabic.
- Native support for outlines and OPML format.
- Special feeds creators for Google News (for over 50 languages) and Kayak.com flight deals (over 3000 airports).
Android Rivers is designed for the ground up for fast skimming of news. It presents headlines in a flowing river of news format. This way of reading news saves your time and attention.
Android Rivers fetches news only when you want it so it does not drain your battery and is very light on your data plan.
Build your own River of News from your RSS collection. Add your own RSS source or get it from Android Rivers’ directory.
There is no tracking, no ads tricks, no data sharing and no login.
Android Rivers is part of a larger open source project to realize the creation of an open Twitter-like ecosystem.
The idea of a decentralized Twitter-like system is very appealing to me for the following reasons:
- You do not have to fear that somehow you anger the power that be and have your account suspended.
- Anybody can participate to provide the service for small amount of money. This diversity is a strength.