We really want your feedback on the API so if you have requests for more methods, what kind of data you want to get or any other questions or suggestions then please feel free to comment or send us an e-mail at email@example.com
API Terms & Condition
1. You must comply with our general Terms & Conditions for AlternativeTo.
2. Provide a notice prominently on your services that states that you use the AlternatvieTo API in your application. This notice shall include a link to http://alternativeto.net.
3. Link to the specific AlternativeTo application page for each application you display on your website, application och service.
1. Use the AlternativeTo APIs for any service that replicates or attempts to replace the essential user experience and/or layout of the AlternativeTo website.
2. Use AlternativeTo APIs for anything that promotes or is used in connection with spyware, adware, other malicious programs or code.
3. Use AlternativeTo APIs in any manner or for any purpose that violates any law or regulation, any right of any person, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or rights of personality.
Use AlternativeTo APIs in any way that affect the performance and/or quality of the AlternativeTo website, database, code, applications or other users of the API. We reserve the right to block or limit usage if we feel the usage beyond what we consider “fair use”.
Get an application and it’s alternatives
Returns information about the specified application and the specified number of alternatives. Filter by license or platform.
Get a list of applications a user recently liked or added
This method returns a specified number of applications that the user likes or have added to the site. Filter by license or platform.
More info about the paramaters
You can filter all the list by platform and license.
- License filters: free,opensource and commercial. If you use free all applications that has Free, Open Source, Free with limited functionality and Free for personal use will be listed. Open Source and Commercial just list the items that has these licenses.
- Platform filter: The platform you want to filter by. You can get a list of all platforms on http://api.alternativeto.net/platforms
- Count: Count is always optional and default is 5
See some examples above.